The Facebook event page for this year’s UTNC Secret Santa is up. Please check it out.
This is a reminder that tomorrow on Wednesday, November 9 from 8 pm to 10 pm, we have our first maintenance session of the school year in the committee room of Hart House second floor. Maintenance is an essential part of Naginata, and thus you should come if you have time. It’s fine to drop in part way through if you have other commitments overlapping into that time.
See you there,
This Saturday, October 29 at 1 PM, we will be having our yearly scavenger hunt. This is an opportunity to see Toronto landmarks beyond UofT and meet high ranking naginata players. TTC fairs will be paid for by the club, and we will meet in the Hart House reading room. See you all there!
Reposted from Facebook by Brianna Luong:
Hey everyone :)
This Sunday (October 23rd), there’s a dojo visit day with the JCCC!
Their club members will practice with us in the morning and we’ll go to their practice from 3-5pm. Transportation fees will be covered by the club so please come out and meet some high ranking players!
From October 14 to 16, UTNC members and alumni travelled for the CNF National Seminar and Tournament. Several members ranked up and won medals. Congratulations to everyone for participating in the grading and tournament.
UTNC Grading Results
Nidan – Mary-Kate Proud
Shodan – Aileen Lin
Nikyu – Mika Nishinoiri and Brianna Luong
Sankyu – Anri Kitami and Alexa Klein
Yonkyu – Jason Xu
UTNC Tournament Results
1st – Abigail Lim and Mika Nishinoiri
3rd – Lutan Liu and Aileen Lin
3rd – Aileen Lin
1st – Marija Landekic, Abigail Lim, and David Wang
2nd – Mary Phan, Simon Bruins, and Brianna Luong
3rd – (Jean-Francoi Brisson/Jordan Macklem), Lutan Liu, and Alexa Klein
Repost from the Facebook group by Mary-Kate:
October 15-16 is the CNF National Championship and Seminar. People of all Naginata skill levels are welcome to attend. You’ll get to practice with people from other dojos in Canada, and watch your Senpai compete in the national championship. We car pool to the seminar on Friday, get a hotel together, and return late Sunday night. Registration is due by October 9, so please let me know if you’re interested in attending as soon as possible!
The club will subsidize a small part of the seminar fee.
Tomorrow on Wednesday, September 14, 2016 at 10:00 pm – 11:00 pm in the Hart House Lower Gym, University of Toronto Naginata will be having its first trial practice of the year. Here are a few important things to keep in mind before going.
- Please try to arrive early to be on time. The trial practice will start as soon as possible. UofT Naginata members will be around to give directions to the Lower Gym.
- Wear athletic/exercise clothes. Changerooms at Hart House are available for all UofT students (Remember to bring a lock).
- Don’t wear jewelry, watches, or visible piercings. You can lose these objects during practice and potentially injure someone with them. If you can’t leave them behind before entering the Lower Gym, there will be a space (unsecured) that you can leave them.
- Bring a water bottle. These are placed in the same space as loose items in the Lower Gym.
- Have fun! The UofT Naginata Club aims to provide an excellent introduction to Naginata.
See you there!
P.S. Part of what makes the UofT Naginata Club unique is the socials that take place throughout the year. Everyone is invited to the after-practice social tomorrow. If you can, please come. It’s a great way to meet new friends and get to know club members.