Hi and welcome to everyone who has expressed interest in learning about Naginata. Our trial practice is coming up quickly and therefore, this post is to inform everyone about the location, what to wear and what to expect at this practice.
- Sunday, Sept 14th, 10am to Noon, in the Lower Gym of Hart House
- Comfortable clothes (workout clothing/decent t-shirt and shorts)
- Be prepared to be barefoot (shoes are left at the door)
- No jewellery and accessories
- Meet our lovely executive team who will be guiding and teaching you for the year
- Etiquette towards the dojo, your fellow members, and to the weapon, the Naginata
- Basic footwork, stances, targets, and a few basic strikes
- Come join us for lunch afterwards. We usually go out for a nice, filling, and cheap lunch after practice so that we can talk and relax. Everyone is completely welcome.